Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pretty Feet


The ladies in my family like to keep their toenails polished and maintained. All of my friends do too. We paint our toenails all the colors of the rainbow. I grew up painting my great grandmothers toenails and to this very day when I see her they are always polished. It is not just my family and friends. America likes pretty feet. Watching commercials will further prove this. We have the Ped-Egg which removes dry skin and Dr.Scholl's has a variety of gel pads to take pressure off of the feet and prevent corns and bunions. We have a 20 billion-dollar a year manicure/nail care industry in the United States. The Bible describes beautiful feet to us in Romans 10:

"14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? As it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!"

For our feet to be truly beautiful in God's eyes we have to spread the good news and tell others about Him. In Biblical times, lots of traveling was done by foot and many of Jesus' disciples' feet were likely to be cracked, split, and have an array of other issues. In God's eyes their feet would look a whole lot better than many of our "polished piggies" right now because they constantly made their feet into tools for spreading His word. Use today to take the first step (no pun intended) towards making your feet a little more beautiful and share God's word with someone.

12 comments:

  1. I'm excited about the giveaway as well!

    This is such a good post! I love it when people write something like this, and it makes me think of the issue in a way I haven't previously, and that's exactly what you've done. This really hit home to me, "In Biblical times, lots of traveling was done by foot and many of Jesus' disciples' feet were likely to be cracked, split, and have an array of other issues. In God's eyes their feet would look a whole lot better than many of our "polished piggies" right now because they constantly made their feet into tools for spreading His word." Amen to that!!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am horrible about taking care of my feet, I've never had a pedicure ;) Interesting post! New follower from the finding new friends hop, have a great weekend! You can find me at
    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the perspective! Guess I'd better get to work on making my feet prettier in more ways than one. Found you through Raising Homemakers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant way to incorporate Pedicures & Scripture! Just love it! Just became a follower from Weekend Bloghop. Jen from http://richfaithrising.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the comments :) Appreciate 'em

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This post is so well done. I was just visiting from Titus 2sdays, but now I must become a follower!

    PS- Didn't see your old web design, but love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also, would love it if you had a Facebook fan page. You might want to consider checking out http://BloggingWithAmy.com for some great FREE tips on expanding your blog. I've been following her for a couple of months and I've learned a ton. Do make sure to let me know if you set up RSS or a Facebook page. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post. I guess that means when we don't share, no matter how much polish and care we take, they aren't that beautiful in God's eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Visiting from Titus 2sdays and enjoyed reading your post. So important that we share the good news!
    Blessings,
    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the positive feedback :)

    @Mrs.Shanda Yes ma'am I agree w/that!

    @Mrs.Jennifer Thank you for all the great tips I am going to set up a widget for posts via email, Facebook and RSS sometime this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! Yes, what is beautiful in God's eyes is usually so different from what is beautiful to man! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete

I thoroughly enjoy comments. Please be respectful. Thanks!