Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

new beginnings

Once again a new beginning,
                                                Yesterday I've put behind,
To You Lord I come in seeking,
For Your Words, bring them to mind.

Alas, I am back to posting. Wedding planning has consumed my mind for the past few weeks. We only have a little left to accomplish in terms of planning and it is an AMAZING feeling. Dreams of eloping on a sandy white beach with a flower in my hair or in Las Vegas with slots machines ringing in the background were starting to pop into my head every so often ;) Ninety-nine days remain until I enter the covenant of holy matrimony with my beloved. My fiancé has recently started training at a much better job, but this leaves us with less time to see each other. He decided to take this job to be able to provide for us to the best of his ability once we are wed so I try my absolute hardest not to complain. I try to remind myself that I will be able to see him lots and lots once we are married {God-willing}.


The semester recently started and my classes are quite varied in nature. I am thoroughly enjoying my anthropology class and a literature course that is supposed to be American but for the next few weeks we're going over past happenings in Britain {we're currently discussing Henry the 8th-he's so interesting to me}. The hustle and bustle of my university is something that I did not miss one bit. I am assuredly convinced that very few people like climbing up 5 flights of stairs as a way to start their day. 


I am doing lots of studying at home through my own course I would like to call Marriage Literature 101. I already know how to cook and clean so for now I am just reading a few books and trying to glean as much wisdom as I can from them. I have recently read Becoming the Woman of His Dreams: Seven Qualities Every Man Longs ForQueen of the Home and The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands. I am highly anticipating marriage if you cannot tell. :) 






1 comment:

  1. im so excited for you, i hope ur school goes well. Cant wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete

I thoroughly enjoy comments. Please be respectful. Thanks!